As I do more and more reviews on this blog, I thought I’d try to come up with a review policy.
- If you would like me to do a review of your game or gaming related product, use the form at the bottom of this page?to let me know your interest. ?Please give me some general?information about the game – theme, mechanics, etc. ?Please do not send me press releases.
- I will only agree to do a review of a game if I think it’s something I might like. ?I don’t want to waste your time or my own playing a game and reviewing it if there is no interest for me.
- I can only review a game if I have access to a physical product. ?This means that I need a copy of the game, or at least a prototype. ?I don’t have access to reliable printng materials, so I can’t really do a PnP of your game. ?I am willing to take a look at a PnP if you put it together and send it to me.
- I realize a lot of Kickstarters may not have a product to send me, and there is a time sensitive need to get the word out. ?Please contact me anyway, and if I think your project has potential, I can at the very least include it in my monthly Kickstarter Blitz.
- Again, no press releases – I like to know that I’m not dealing with a robot.
- Once I get the game, I will make every effort to play it and review it within three weeks of receiving it. ?I can try to fast-track this if necessary because I know there are sometimes time constraints, but it really all depends on when I can get it to my gaming group.
- You are going to get an honest review. ?I’m not going to like everything, but I do try to keep the bigger picture in mind – who will enjoy it, where does it fit in the broader scheme of gaming, and so on. ?If I like it, I’m going to say so. ?If not, I will also say so, but I’ll also try to figure out who will like it.
Of course, I’d be happy to hear from you if you just want to say hi, but I’d suggest leaving specific comments about posts on the posts themselves. ?Otherwise, no one will ever see what you have to say except me. ?I look forward to hearing from you!